AltRider Pillion Luggage Rack for Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z
The Yamaha Super Tenere is named after the notoriously rugged Tenere desert section of the Paris to Dakar Rally. With an electronic throttle, adjustable traction control and awesome ergonomics, the capable 1200 cc adventure bike definitely lives up to its namesake. Whether you’re crossing the Sahara or headed to the grocery store, haul what you need with a pillion rack from AltRider.
The AltRider pillion rack is easy to install – simply remove the stock pillion seat, and use the supplied bolts to attach the rack. All hardware is entirely recessed – creating a completely flat luggage mounting surface. The versatile pillion rack can be used with or without the stock grab handles, and with the AltRider Luggage Rack in the upper or lower position. Combine AltRider rack in the lower position with the pillion rack to maximize carrying capacity, giving the bike a real adventure look.
The 3/16 inch (4.8 mm) anodized aluminum will never rust or weather. All cutouts are laser-cut and edges are CNC-routered, providing a refined machine finish unique to AltRider racks with no sharp edges to cut straps. The rack is pre-drilled to interface with RotopaX fuel packs. AltRider engineers also took the extra step to integrate 8 mm holes for RAM mounts providing a perfect place to mount a GoPro to get that unique shot. Available in silver or black.
All design elements are deliberately place – for an explanation of AltRider’s luggage rack design and securing your load, see our blog post Hooked: How We Developed Our Luggage Racks.
- All AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Machine routered edges and anodized finish
- AltRider Pillion Rack can be used with or without stock grab handles
- Pillion rack is a great combination with AltRider Luggage Rack in the upper or lower position
- Pre-drilled to interface with RotopaX fuel packs and RAM mounts
- Available in silver or black
- Length 12.9 inches (32.8 cm)
- Width 14.3 inches (36.3 cm)
- Weight 2.9 lbs (1.3 kg)