AltRider Skid Plate for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT 1200Z
Rocks and debris are no match for the AltRider Skid Plate for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z. Constructed of 1/8 inch (3.175 mm) powder coated aluminum, it reaches high on the left hand side to protect the stator, and provides extensive coverage of the headers on the right. The skid plate features hand TIG welds and stainless hardware, and is manufactured in the United States.
The AltRider skid plate is the solution for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z, no matter what adventure you take.
Available in silver and black.
The AltRider skid plate for Yamaha Super Tenere will not work with OEM Yamaha crash bars because of interference with crossbar on crash bars. Skid plate will mount up but cross bar will have to be removed.
Skid plate must be removed to change oil filter. If using an aftermarket oil filter, it must be the same 2.5 inch (63.5 mm) length as OEM to avoid interference. The oil, alone, can be changed with skid plate installed.
- 1/8 inch (3.175 mm) powder coated aluminum
- Hand TIG welds
- 1/8 inch (3.175 mm) powdered coated steel hand TIG welded brackets replace the thin stamped sheet bracket to resisting bending upon impact
- The rear bracket is constructed from 3/16 inch (4.7625 mm) powdered coated steel and utilizes two mounting points on each side to resist pivoting upon impact
- Compatible with Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z (2010-current)
- Compatible with both ES and non-ES version