- Hand MIG welded – It’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- 22mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – Matches the specs of the specs of the factory KTM crash bars
- Less is often more – One of our goals was to preserve the low centre of gravity feature of the KTM 1090/1190/1290(R) Adventure by using the same tubing diameter as the KTM factory crash bars. Many other manufacturers use 25mm and even 27mm tubing to protect the upper part of your KTM but it adds up to 1-1.5kg extra, thus making it top heavier while not guaranteeing better impact absorption.
- Tough mounting points – No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of dollars/Euros.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!
When we hear the word “adventure” we tend to associate it with traveling remote areas of the world. But one doesn’t have to go off the map just to seek adventure. Perhaps your countryside will do. Now we can proudly offer you relief for those exciting moments when you and your bike get the Dakar fever.
Protects crucial areas of the engine – oil pan, engine case, oil cooler, oil filter and exhaust header! That’s a long list of very expensive parts to expose to any sort of damage that will reduce your bikes value in no time.
Uniquely designed vent system – Not only unique but very-well thought out. No unnecessary holes were designed on this bash plate. As a result, your engine will less likely to overheat when mud and all sorts of debris from offroading fly at the engine and get stuck between the skid plate and the engine/exhaust header.
True offroad and adventure shape – What does that even mean?? It means we have experience in building top-notch bash plates. We avoid designing skid plates that are shaped like boxes, have sharp edges and corners and will guaranteed to restrict your rides off road. Ours are more, per se, aerodynamic and will glide over and gently bounce off any object on your favorite trails.
The only known design with ridges on the bottom of the skid plate – Ridges help the skid plate glide over hard objects with the least resistance. Most importantly though, these embossed ridges will REINFORCE the bottom of this bash plate without adding unnecessary weight.
4mm thick laser cut aluminum – Nothing is ever an overkill on an adventure bike, hence we choose to build our bash plates from this ridiculously tough and thick, yet lightweight material.
Tough mounting hardware – No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from riding through (off-road) hell, rather than your bikes chassis or engine that are worth thousands of dollars.
Stainless Steel Hardware – These quality bolts and nuts will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…
Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it’s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!